How Can You Build Your Self Confidence and Self Esteem?
“It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!” – Robert T. Kiosaki
What do you whisper to yourself?
Are you your own worst critic? Do you respect yourself? Do you respect your achievements? Do you value yourself?
The only one of those questions you should have answered “no” to is the first one.
How you feel about yourself and whether or not you believe in yourself determines your level of self confidence. We’re not talking about your ego, we’re talking about your self- worth, your emotional self image.
Lack of self confidence
When you have low self confidence, you usually focus on weaknesses rather than all the positive things about yourself. You are critical of yourself, you have a more difficult time coping with the challenges of everyday life, and eventually relationships, and your mental and physical health can be effected.
Look outside yourself to determine why your confidence is low, because it usually comes from outside sources:
- A bad experience
- Big disappointments
- Childhood experiences
- Harsh and unfair criticism
- Any type of abuse
- Being taught that you are a failure if you had failed experiences
- Being shunned by your peers
- Traumatic events can leave you feeling you are not in control of your own life, or make you feel that you are to blame for whatever happened.
- Today’s unrealistic perceptions of what beauty and success looks like makes you doubt yourself and gives you the feeling that no matter what, you can’t measure up.
Your subconscious mind stores all of your experiences, especially from your youth, both positive and negative, it remembers everything you’ve ever heard, seen or done. When this stored data reminds you of strong negative feelings, you feel less about yourself than you really are.
Some of the signs that your lack of self confidence or self esteem has taken over your life:
- Not being satisfied with your life, always wishing it was better
- Feeling bored, always tired, hopeless or depressed
- Feeling you have nothing to look forward to
- Considering yourself to be a failure
- Always feeling fearful of making a mistake or of receiving criticism
- You always feel defensive
How Can hypnosis Help?
Because of the problems that low self-esteem can cause you, it’s so very important that you seek help to keep the long term problems I mentioned above from developing. And due to the fact that low self confidence is rooted in your subconscious mind, hypnosis is the perfect way to get the help you need. It can help you understand your own worth.
It is your subconscious that determines everything you think, say and do. And because it remembers everything you have ever experienced and how it affected you, it determines what you whisper to yourself, which either builds you up or tears you down.
NLP and Hypnosis are powerful tools that will help you tear down the road blocks that have kept your self image low.
Hypnosis is a peaceful feeling in a safe and relaxing place where you are able to identify what obstacles are keeping you from accepting yourself in a positive way. It can help eliminate the negative self-talk (which will be the topic of a future blog post) that goes on in your head all the time.
Just imagine the wonderful person that you really are!
Contact me to schedule your 15 minute phone consultation