Is Hypnotherapy an Effective Way to Treat Panic Attacks?
Many people have been rushed to the Emergency Room thinking they were having a heart attack, but in reality they learned they were experiencing a panic attack…Panic attacks can be so frightening you think you’re having a heart attack. If you have ever experienced this kind of anxiety, you’ll know what I’m talking about, it’s something you don’t ever want to go through again! But most likely, if it’s happened once, it will happen again.
What does a Panic Attack Look Like?
Panic attacks are brought on by different things for different people. They are “fight or flight” responses and are difficult to “come down” from; because it feels threatened, your mind goes into a heightened state of fear, and extreme anxiety can take over and you may experience such symptoms as:
- Erratic breathing – you feel like you can’t breathe because your chest feels so tight, or you hyperventilate by overbreathing (which actually can make the situation worse.)
- Anxiety over being in public or enclosed places
- Feeling like you are losing control
- Fear of getting stopped in traffic, at a red light or on a bridge
- Worrisome thoughts that seem to plague you and won’t go away
- Your heart is racing
- Feeling sweaty, lightheaded, or dizzy
- You may feel like you’re choking or unable to swallow
- You may feel sick to your stomach, nauseous, or have hot flashes
These symptoms can be very intense, in fact, they can be so intense that you may feel detached from your body, your surroundings or your situation. They can last for up to 20 minutes, and some symptoms may remain for as long as 2 hours. The first time you experience a panic attack, it leaves a strong impression on your psyche, generating a new fear, the fear of having another attack – it’s like a loop of anxiety.
Hypnotherapy is Effective in Treating Panic Attacks!
Treating panic attacks with Hypnotherapy is similar to the way anxiety is treated. By accessing your subconscious mind and through the power of suggestion, hypnotherapy can teach you how to calm your state of mind, reduce your feelings of worry and fear, and help you deal with overwhelming feelings and emotions.
This therapy will be designed for you personally, to fit your needs and situation. Together we will discover what triggers are causing your attacks, why it’s happening and then work toward changing how you respond to those triggers, and how to cope with them in the future.
Let’s get you back to feeling normal, calm and in control again. Isn’t it time you start living your life the way you want to?
Contact me to schedule your Free 15 minute phone consultation