How Can You End Your Fears or Phobias?
You actually don’t want to end all your fears.
Everyone experiences fear at various times throughout their lives, it’s a natural, and very helpful human emotion. It is part of our instinct for survival as it warns us and helps prepare us to deal with danger, or what we perceive as danger.
Many people even enjoy a certain amount of fear; they enjoy the rush they get from an exciting activity, such as skydiving, or or a frightening movie.
Fear becomes a problem, or a phobia, when it begins to inflict severe anxiety…anxiety that causes you to make abnormal changes in your life.
What is a Phobia?
- Phobias often begin in childhood.
- Phobias are extreme, irrational fears about things or situations that actually don’t pose a threat.
- Phobias can be developed about almost any thing or situation.
- When a phobia becomes too bad, you will do almost anything to avoid it.
- People who suffer with agoraphobia, will often stay home, never leaving the safety of their house in order to avoid facing the situation that brings them their anxiety.
- Phobias can change your life…changing your quality of life.
- Phobias can cause panic attacks which are often manifest by:
- Feeling dizzy or ready to faint
- Having difficulty breathing
- Stomach tension or pain
- Shaking and trembling
- Racing heart or pain in the chest
- Feeling overwhelmed
Types of Phobias
Phobias are a fairly common disorder, in fact about 1 out of 9 people have some type of phobia. Here are just a few:
- Fear of heights – Acrophobia
- Fear of blood – Homophobia
- Fear of obesity – Obesophobia
- Fear of being closed in – Claustrophobia
- Fear of sunlight – Heliophobia
- Fear of sleep – Somniphobia
- Fear of cattle – Bovinophobia
- Fear of dying – Thanatophobia
For a more extensive list go to Wikipedia
Where Can You Get Help?
If you have a phobia that is causing you intense panic, fear or anxiety you should consider getting treatment.
Conventional medicine will often prescribe antidepressants for those suffering with extreme phobia, but really, who wants to live the rest of you life depending on prescriptions to get you through the day.
Hypnosis can help you eliminate your phobias. Hypnotherapy and NLP use time tested techniques to help you release memories, old ideas or hidden triggers that will help you become free from those things that bring on your anxiety.
Call to schedule your Free 15 minute phone consultation